RIVER CRUISING – THE MOST COMFORTABLE WAY TO TRAVEL
When it comes to all-inclusive packages, exotic beach destinations and luxury cruise liners come to mind. However, as the concept of travel evolves and the presence of every individual continues to differ, these organized packages are often unsuited to travellers seeking new, exciting and authentic travel encounters. That is to say, cruise liners and beach resorts are increasingly common, while the new trend – river cruises offers an entirely alternative experience.
CroisiEurope is setting a new standard in terms of pricing and consequently value, across the river cruise industry. In fact, such is the value of their cruises, that they are now the largest River Cruise Line in Europe. Featuring an impressive fleet of river boats, and canal barges, CroisiEurope River Cruises offer European holidays on the Danube, Seine and Rhine Rivers, as well as travelling through iconic destinations such as Bordeaux, the Douro River Valley in Portugal & Spain, Venice, Croatia and Montenegro.
Here are just some of the reasons why you should go on a CroisiEurope River Cruise –
- It’s TRULY ALL-INCLUSIVE: Accommodation in an en-suite cabin; All meals are included onboard; Except for the Christmas Market cruises, unlimited soft and selected alcoholic drinks during meals and at the bar whilst onboard are complimentary (Premium brands are available at an extra cost); Onboard entertainment; Headsets are included for most excursions; Free Wi-Fi onboard (A tablet for guests’ use on selected cruises).
- July & August: Free cruise for children up to 16 years in Southern Europe, excluding Croatia (30% discount on cruise price). Single cabin supplement offered.
- Some cruises are adapted with hiking or biking programs.
- Themed, Christmas Markets and New Year’s Eve Cruises available.
- Luxury French canal hotel barging itineraries available.
- From a 3-day city break to hiking cruises or 13 days along the Danube, a unique variety of cruises on Standard & Premium Class Ships, are on offer to the most interesting destinations.
- BEST VALUE FOR MONEY: CroisiEurope takes you away for so much less but still includes it all! You won’t find any superfluous extras onboard. Staff gratuities are at your discretion.
- Each meal on your cruise will give you a delightful experience of French haute cuisine.
- The tastefully decorated cabins are equipped with air conditioning, central heating, shower/toilets, satellite TV, safe, hair dryers — and each cabin gives you a full view of the river.
- Relax in one of the lounges socialising, enjoy some entertainment or laze on the sun deck taking in the landscape’s beauty as you cruise.
- Selected sightseeing excursions are included in each cruise.
- Want to do more sightseeing excursions? No problem. Additional packages are available at an extra cost – THE ‘CLASSIC’ PACKAGE: An authentic experience containing classic excursions based on culture, architecture and history and THE ‘DISCOVERY’ PACKAGE: Discovery tours are for the adventurous, the offbeat, or those who are looking for something new.
The rising popularity of river cruises in Europe
Please keep in mind, we are now within the booking period for river cruises all over Europe and given this sudden rise in popularity, advanced booking is always recommended. While prices may vary, CroisiEurope is also considered the best value for money in the industry.
Here are our tips to book your next 2019 European river cruise holiday!
- February and March: discover beautiful Venice. Maybe you could stumble upon an intriguing masked silhouette during the Venetian Carnival.
- April: Witness nature’s marvel at work in Holland, where millions of tulips, daffodils and hyacinths flourish.
- May to June: Indulge yourself with the sunny summer weather of exhilarating Spain and southern Europe.
- July, August and September: Feel at home visiting Bordeaux prestigious Vineyards, wandering in gorgeous Provence countryside or sailing along the Rhône River.
- October: Book a trip down the Rhine River. From Amsterdam to Strasbourg, you will see many extraordinary cities and finish off your journey in picturesque Alsace – hometown of CroisiEurope, just at the right time for grape-harvest.
- November to December: Christmas Markets’ sensations await you with their share of traditional chants and festive decorations.
But who goes on a river cruise in Europe?
In many ways, it feels wrong to compare an ocean cruise with a river cruise but with it being such a unique concept, it is also important to outline how they differ from each other.
While an ocean cruise has several destinations on any itinerary, they always stop in a port which is often quite a distance from the centre of town. On the contrary, a river cruise will usually leave you right on the doorstep of the main attractions with little more to do, than step of the boat.
River Cruises also seem to be attracting a slightly different clientele, travellers who tried ocean cruising and want something different or most often, travellers who would rather feel immersed in a destination rather than sit in a casino half way out to sea. Either way, river cruising is a slow journey, which manages to avoid all the noise and escape from all the crowds.
You can forget about waiting in line with hundreds of fellow cruisers or strategizing as to when you can sit down for meals. River Cruises have a convenient setup to accommodate every passenger, at any time, while the river is not the ocean so you can also forget about the prospect of seasickness.
The hidden value on CroisiEurope River Cruises
Lastly, CroisiEurope River Cruises have outdone their peers by offering the same experience at a fraction of the cost. In fact, with so much included in the cost of a river cruise, you will find genuine value for your South African Rand and the ideal way to nullify the exchange rates involved with paying for attractions in Europe.
Furthermore, while most river cruises (NOT CroisiEurope) may still be priced quite a bit higher than the standard ocean cruise, the true value of a river cruise is more intrinsic in a sense that you are investing in a different experience, with a personal touch and the perfect way to combine a destination with the truly unique aspect of this kind of experience – life on the river.
Are you thinking about a CroisiEurope River Cruise? United Europe Travel Services (Pty) Ltd are the true specialists in creating tailor-made holidays to Europe. Plan your trip of a lifetime today – contact us!